Alert to our Cherished Customers
Please be vigilant of any unsolicited phone calls, text messages and emails from fraudsters. Be extremely cautious about giving out any personal and security information, unless you are absolutely sure you know whom you are dealing with.
We advise that you take note of the following:
- Barclays will never call to request for your Personal Identification Number (PIN) or your online banking password. Barclays will never ask you to check if the number on your phone display matches its registered number. The number shown on the phone can be altered by fraudsters.
- Barclays will never tell you to transfer money to another account.
- Never disclose your passwords and PINs to anybody.
- Keep your computer's anti-virus software up to date.
- Do not assume a caller is genuine because he/she knows your banking details. Fraudsters could have basic information about you, such as your address, bank account number and details of recent transactions.
- Fraudsters are luring people for their bank details. These details are the keys to your account security - do not let them in!
Beware of fraudsters.
Report any suspicions to +233 30 2429 150 or 0800 222 333 (Vodafone/MTN Toll Free).