Barclays Home Protection Policy
Home Protection Policy
For most of us, spending money to build a house may be the greatest investment of our lifetime. This is the reason why we need to cover our homes and its contents against any mishap.
The Home Protection Policy from Barclays in partnership with Hollard is designed to cover your home and its content against:
- Fire, flood and other perils
- Personal liability
Fire and other perils
Your Home Protection Policy provides financial cover for damage or loss to your home and content resulting from any of the following:
- Fire, lightning, explosion or earthquake
- Floods or storms
- Collision with the buildings directly caused by any moving object originating outside your home
- Riot, civil commotion, labour or political disturbance
- Vandalism or malicious acts
- Escape of water or oil from any fixed water or heating installation or from any domestic appliance
- Subsidence or heave of the site on which the building of your home stands or landslip
The burglary cover provides you insurance against theft or attempted theft of all insured personal property within your home.
Liability Insurance Cover
The liability cover will provide cover for:
- Personal liability
- Liability arising out of ownership of a property
- Employer’s liability for domestic workers
Special benefits from our Home Protection Policy
- Monthly cover allows you to pay your premiums monthly
- Glass - accidental breakage of mirrors, fixed glass in furniture, etc.
- Accidental physical damage to selected electronic equipment while in your home
- Alternative accommodation - cost of alternative accommodation for you, your family and domestic pets.
- Cost of temporary storage of contents while your home is unfit to live in following an insured event
- Title Deeds – the cost incurred in preparing new title deeds to your home following loss or damage by an insured event.
- Replacement of keys, locks, or remote control unit
- Replacement or repair of water-pumping machinery in domestic use if damaged by an insured event
- Emergency response - 24 hour emergency response in the event of theft and attempted theft
Terms and conditions apply.