Acquiring Card Acceptance
What is Card Acceptance?
Barclays is one of the world’s largest providers of card acceptance services for companies. This is a service that enables your customers to pay using their credit or debit card. The solution includes providing physical point of sale terminals, e-commerce (online payments) and integrated POS.
If you allow your customers to pay by card, here are some of the benefits you may see;
- People are becoming more and more familiar with paying by credit and debit cards and will often choose the places to shop where they can pay using their card.
- Achieve more sales - studies show customers who have credit and debit cards tend to spend more than those who only carry cash.
- Credit cards offer convenience and greater freedom to spend on unplanned purchases.
- If you have customers from overseas, it is likely that they will prefer to pay by card rather than cash.
- Reduce cash handling costs and risk of fraud by having less cash on your premises.
Why choose Barclays?
Barclays can help you to process all your card payments in a fast and efficient manner using our IP, GPRS and mobile terminals, and electronic point of sale solution.
GPRS mobile terminal – your customer can pay without their card being taken away from their view. Ideal for cafes, restaurants and hotels.
IP or GPRS desktop terminal – offers benefits of IP/GPRS capability whilst keeping the terminal at your checkout.
Electronic Point of Sale – for merchants with larger payment volumes may benefit from installing a direct link with Barclays for faster processing and management information to help with reconciliation.
You can accept all these cards by using Barclays – all transactions are authorised 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We provide dedicated customer support that includes:
- Implementation support - to help you get started, we will have our merchant advisors on hand to set up your terminals and provide training for your staff on how to accept card payments.
- Helpdesks covering customer service and technical support.
- Training to help you manage fraud.
- A dedicated contact point for all your queries.
If you have any questions, please contact your Barclays representative who will be happy to discuss your requirements and how to set up card acceptance with Barclays.
How to apply for Barclays POS Solution
- Simple - Fill in application forms
- Read and understand the terms and conditions
- Provide necessary documentation as required by the bank
Benefits of a Barclays POS Machine
- Reliable rapid services and transaction authorisation
- Support in pioneering new technologies that can transform your business
- Ability to transact in currency of preference
- A wider market with more card schemes
- Partnerships that generates promotional campaigns to boost sales.
- Quick payments for your goods and services
Saves Your Company from the following Costs
- Human resource
- Cash deposit fees
- Cash –in – Transit
- Shortages in Tills
For further details call: 0302 682755 / 0302 664901-4 / 020 2013774 or come in person to Barclays House, Head office, High Street, Accra.